Friday 17 December 2010

White out

Boy was I lucky to have travelled back when I did. We awoke this morning to a veritable Christmas scene. Kay and I were to attend a funeral of one of Kay's uncles this morning and a Christmas lunch with the Neath Writers group later, both have had to be cancelled as it is imposable for us to get out from Pontrhydyfen due to heavy snow and the impassable roads. Even with our 4X4 the roads are far too treacherous.
Kay in the village
Aqueduct in the blizzard 














Kay and I went for a short walk (come snowball fight) but she drew the line at doing snow angels in the snow with me.
We spoke to some locals that we met on the old Aqueduct that overlooks the roads climbing in and out of the village, it seems it's a pastime to watch the dopey motorists attempting to drive up into the village and to watch them slide back down getting frustrated and realising their only option is to go back to Cwmavon where they came from which is down along the river to Port Talbot and the sea front.
I was hoping to take some pictures of the RV (Dirty) before I get a chance to clean it, alas the weather has put pay to that.
Anyway enjoy the snow scenes hope to have some more pictures of the RV soon. Luckily I emptied all the portable water from the fresh water tank and water from the heating boiler yesterday, I just wish I'd had time to empty the cleaning fluid from the black tank as well,  still keep my fingers crossed nothing damages it.

Gav Clearing the snow
Back yard












Blizzard in the valley
More Blizzards











More anon

No comments: