Tuesday 21 December 2010

When will this winter End!!!!!

Well we've managed to get down to the RV this morning. Its looking a bit sad covered in road salt and dirt spray from the trip, unfortunately we've had no chance to clean it yet as all the water pipes in the buildings are frozen. I did manage to drain out the small amount of water that was in the black tank, though the valve to the grey tank is still frozen but I've wrapped some lagging on it and liberally sprayed both of them with WD 40 to help thaw it out.
I cleaned all the road salt off the chrome locks and clasps on the external lockers and lubricated them with 3 in 1 oil. I've also added a 13w Solar suitcase panel that is connected through the accessories plug on the dash so the vehicle battery will be kept charged, just need to work out a fix to get it charge the leisure battery as well.
All the antifreeze has gone down the plug holes in the sink and toilet so that should help keep those working though the toilet flush is still appears to be frozen solid.
I've started to replace all the habitation light bulbs with Led's I.e. I've done two, another fourteen to go not including three fancy lights in the bathroom, two bed side lights and two units that contain four fluorescent tubes.
God these yanks like to light up their rigs.
The vehicles road lights well that's another matter all together, I hope to replace as many of those with Ultra bright Led's but that's for later.
The down side is that my grandson or his mother decided to pass on their flu bugs so as I type this I'm coughing all over the keys (Man Flue), Kay seems immune for the moment.
I've received the Truckmate Venture s700  sat-nav but I need to get a different dash holder as the one they send with the unit fixes to the windscreen which is miles away from my hands and the small disc Trevor had in place for his sat-nav is too small for mine.
Well its sit tight for the next few days as the Christmas festivities overtake our plans, with all this snow delaying our activities it could put our travel plans back a couple of weeks so it could be mid February now before we hit the road.


More anon

No comments: