Friday 22 October 2010

Our Potential New Home

On Thursday Kay and I took a long long journey down the M4, round the M25 and up the A12 past Chelmsford where we took a much needed overnight stop at the Rivenhall Hotel just north of Witham.

I can defiantly recommend this as a place to stop for the night. The rooms were clean and warm, the service efficient and friendly. The appearance of the place is more akin to a motel, but don't let that put you off stopping here, as there is also a health spa with swimming pool, it's free for guests to use and the full English breakfast was excellent.
The price for a nights stopover with breakfast was very reasonable and I noticed a good few truckers use this hotel (thats always a good sign).

I must admit I found the bed too soft for my taste and hotel pillows never seem right for me as I'm too used to my own (I must remember to pack it next time) Kay moaned as I tend to fidget if I'm not comfortable. I felt like the Princess and the Pea tossing and turning until tiredness sent me off to the land of nod.
The following day we headed north again passing Colchester, Flatford Mill (Constable country) Caple St Mary where I did some oil painting a few years ago (Sorry Sue didn't have time to drop in) and then Ipswich. We refueled at the Tesco's at Martlesham Heath and eventually stopped at a lay-bye and toilets near Wrentham. Here I telephoned Trevor (the gentleman who owned the RV) to let him know that we were not too far away.
He informed me he knew the place where we had stopped and not to linger, as this was known locally as the Gay Bar, a known haunt of The Gay community, needless to say we were away very quickly.

We met Trevor the RV's owner at his works unit and he showed us all over and under the RV (a huge pit enabled me to give it a good look at the chassis.) It ticked a lot of box's on what we were looking for and the condition was first class. For a 2005 American RV it looked brand new it was obvious that he'd  spent a lot of time keeping it good condition. The RV had only done 7600 miles and had been garaged since new.

If you click on the pictures below you will get a larger image.
The R Vision Trail Light 281
Front
Rear













Interior and slide out
In its storage unit

We met his good lady Maureen and we enjoyed a refreshing lunch with them before sadly it was time to head back home. This time we headed east over to Norwich on A416 then down the A11 past Thetford, Cambridge and then on to the A14 which lead us to the M6 / M1 Junction north of Rugby.
By now the sun was setting and traffic was horrendous, we had met with traffic hold ups due to an earlier accident and the rush hour.
We managed to get a meal break at the Corley services on the M6 then it was off again down the M42 around to the M5 and eventually to a rest halt at the Strensham services. Then the last leg home down the M50. A40 /A449 and the M4 back home.
We arrived home at eleven o'clock at night with eyes that felt they were on stalks and after a round trip of 626 miles we were only too glad to hit the sack.

P.S. Its taken us two days to recover...........

More Anon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you have Owner's Manual or a brochure for 2005 Trail Lite 281? Thank you very much. :-)