Wednesday 23 March 2011

A New LPG Switch, a new Day

Yesterday it was warm and sunny so I decided to get some chores done, one of which was to clean down the roof of the RV and you guessed it! the moment I'm up there doing my thing with bucket and mop out comes her ladyship with the camera probably hoping to get a picture of me falling head over heels onto my backside.
Even Graham the farmer drove past in his Land Rover laughing and shouted what the hell was I trying to do and to be careful that I didn't break my neck

Whats he up to?
Cleaning the roof













I wish I had the camera with me this morning as I went for my daily shower, the sun had just broken over the horizon highlighting a thick mist that blanketed the fields warning that a really warm summer’s day would be in the offing and we were not disappointed.
We were both up early as we needed to be off down the A5 with the RV to visit LPG Autos to get the LPG switch replaced as the old broken one has been a pain for us of late. Chris the mechanic promptly fitted the new switch leaving the old one in situ as they are of a different size. I was not perturbed by him doing this as I can remove the old switch later, when I have some decent material to cover the hole it will leave.

New yellow old orange










They also tried to replace the temperature sensor as that may have been a problem but they failed as the replacement they had intended to use literally fell apart in his hand. As it worked out the temperature was now only showing a 5% difference between petrol and LPG instead of the 40% it had shown previously on the diagnostic computer so they decided to leave the original sensor in place. I paid up and thanked them for their help and off we drove.

Temp Sensor









We drove first down the A5 to the Gailey roundabout and then back the way we came passing the garage and all seemed to be working well, so I just honked the horn and carried on back to the Red Lion. The switch stayed on LPG all the way, so fingers crossed it looks as if the problems may have been solved (We Hope).
Arriving back at Red Lion we have set up in a new position, a position where previous RV’s have been located as this makes it so much easier to fill up with water and to dump waste. We also have the added benefit that the views are much nicer, you should see our garden.

The garden
The Neighbors










It was now like a summer’s day instead of spring, everyone had their tables and chairs out on the grass. We are so close to the animal’s enclosures that the cockerel brought his harem for a visit poking their beaks into the RV. The foal and the other horses came for a nosy as did the highland cattle, even the rabbits have bounded past and as I type the local goose is sticking his beak in.
We couldn’t have wished for a nicer day just let’s hope the good fortune keeps going our way.

More Anon

No comments: