Sunday 6 March 2011

What a difference a day makes!

No not the title of a song, but today we started to feel that spring was in the air at last. We said our farewells to the Red Lion Farm and our neighbours this morning then headed off out onto the A518 and the A41 traveling down to join the M54. Then it was off around Telford and Shrewsbury onto the A5 to our new abode for the next two weeks, the Camping and Caravan Club site just south of Oswestry at Knockin.

The sun was shining and the drive (being Sunday) was nice and uneventful, apart from that damn LPG changeover switch which, (just as we thought we had found the culprit) still managed to switch over to petrol and refused point blank to switch back again, even though as we had arranged with Chris it dangled from the dash like a man with his eye hanging out.
Culprit Number one










Thankfully we had prepared for this eventuality by filling up with petrol the day before (Ah forward thinking see).
So now it could also be a temperature sensor that is malfunctioning as well as the dodgy switch something else Chris had picked up on, so tomorrow a call to Chris at LPG Autos to see what he can do.

Oswestry C&CC Site
The site looks nice, it’s clean, well kept and the wardens are very helpful, but I had the distinct impression he was thinking ‘where the hell am I going to stick that big thing’. We started off at one pitch, which was the biggest on the site, then I realised I needed to top up with fresh water so blaming Kay that she’d forgot to remind me (she’s got broad shoulders) I told the warden I had to fill up the fresh tank and moved to the motor home fill up point. 


With Toad and Trailer

There I noticed a nice pitch just opposite that I realised would mean less manoeuvring to fill up and empty waste tanks each time, so sent Kay to ask him if we could move to this new pitch, while I filled up (I know, I sent her off to do the dirty work).
Fair do he helped us set up in the space you see in the photos, you see a woman will always get her way cause if I’d asked him he’d have probably refused.

So now its feet up time, a piece of cake and a cup of tea, tune in the TV and see what delights Kay will rustle up for tea.

Finally set up
Hooked up

With New Bike Rack
More Anon
PS. No Vauxhall drivers today, Sunday must be their day off!

No comments: