Monday 28 February 2011

Happy Birthday to Meeeee!!!

Yesterday we had new neighbours for the night; a huge 34’ dark grey Winnebago Journey pulled up alongside it was a very impressive machine. Later Kay and I went over to introduce ourselves and spent an enjoyable evening in the company of Jackie, Brian and their daughter Amy who originated from the Isle of Man. They had just returned from the meet at Drayton Manor, where they had stayed for the weekend with other RV’ers attending the NEC Caravan and Boat show.

Winne Similar to this














It transpired that the couple (Harry & Doris) who were here a few days ago on the next pitch. Were also their neighbours at the meet (it’s a small world). Brian gave me plenty of advice on RV’ing, this being their second machine, from water pumps and chargers to straps to secure the awning handles. We were sorry to see them go this morning and hope to repay their hospitality sometime in the future.

Ohh Hooray!!!!!Hmph!
It’s now my 63rd birthday, only two more years to go to get my state pension, that’s if the government doesn’t go bankrupt in the meantime (Victor Meldrew).
 My birthday started off with the usual RV day chores, empty the waste tanks and refill with fresh water (Oh Bliss). Then to open my cards, one from my eldest daughter a card hinting that I’m the world’s greatest farter and one from my grandson with the comment Happy birthday stupid Bampi!!! (Hmmmm I’ll have to have a word with that lad.)

The Soup Kitchen
At lunchtime we had a visit from my sister Win and her husband Mike who took us out to the Soup Kitchen in Stafford for lunch. We would have had the meal at the Bell Inn in Haughton, but like Solomon Grundy they were not open on a Monday.  So it’s back to the RV, we would have liked to walk the village but the weather is looking a tad overcast and for some reason the willingness to venture out again has gone.




More Anon

No comments: