Sunday 12 September 2010

Give us 50p for your old car boot mate?


It’s amazing how people want something for nothing these days.
‘Ere luv how much for that pack of old underpants?’ barks an old biddy.
‘£2.50 dear,’ I reply. A bit miffed as they’re a new unopened pack of three that originally cost £5.00.
‘I’ve only got £1.00', she answers.
‘Go on then take them,’ I reply. ‘Your old man must be desperate.’
We’ve just completed our first car boot to get rid of some of our load O’ clutter and it went reasonably well. We didn’t overload ourselves but still made enough to pay the Solicitor his deposit.
Every bit helps I’m reminded and it gave us the chance to see what the punters are looking for, so next time we will be more prepared.

We found it quite enjoyable, though if you haven’t done one before be prepared to be mobbed by a hoard of, not punters, but the professional Car-booter’s as soon as you open the back of your car. They descend on you like flies on a carcass even before you get your table up.

We were there for barely three hours and most of the stuff went but as soon as we arrived back home it was in the shed, up the attic and under the stairs, digging out loads more junk for next week’s foray.
My Daughter commented on how empty the house is starting to look, but as I look about me while I type this, I can see there’s still a mountain of stuff to clear and we haven’t got to the big stuff yet.
More anon.

No comments: