Saturday 18 September 2010

Ohh….. The fickleness of fate

Well things were going too smoothly weren’t they, we had packed up loads of stuff for storage, rubbish was being dumped and the Car Boot sales were looking good, something had to go wrong.

Driving out of town from a writers group meeting (bang), it sounded as if a spanner had been thrown into the engine, worst of all it was the rush hour and I was in heavy traffic.
I managed to pull over into safe location and with some panic managed to get the recovery people to collect the car.

My eldest daughter with Kay attempted to come to the rescue but you guessed it, while on their way to meet me they broke down as well, this was turning into my worst nightmare.
Travelling back with recovery man we passed my daughter at the side of the road. He leapt out and had a quick look at what the problem was and hey presto, fixed it in two seconds. The problem it turned out was the clutch cable which had come loose. She was very relieved that it wasn’t going to be a major repair bill and has now has her car booked in for a new cable.

OK I was now back home and the recovery man gave me the bad news, it looks as if the timing belt on my car had snapped and I could be in for a major repair bill. Bleeding heck I was really miffed as the car had only done 25,000 miles from new.
The car was then delivered to a garage for assessment which I’m still waiting for and I will let you know anon what the outcome is.

This was the last thing we wanted. We had intended to visit my eldest daughter’s caravan near Tenby today to take down the awning and pack things away for the winter and we had loads of things to take to the Car Boot on Sunday.

'Ahh… well' Kay said. 'Let’s take each day as it comes and work through the problems, we can leave the packing down of the awning to another day,' she reminded me. I just hope the weather holds out. My youngest daughter’s partner has offered me his estate car to take things to the Car Boot tomorrow so now it’s just the problem of the repair bill and when we will get the car back.

Keep following the blog and we will let you know the outcomes
More Anon.

No comments: