Saturday 9 July 2011

What a Wet Week that was

After a fantastic bit of good weather at the weekend it all had to change! Wet, wet, wet, no not the pop group just the usual British downpours. 
This week has been one of staying indoors and keeping dry apart from nipping out for a bit of shopping to get the food in. We did manage to get in a bit of swimming in the week at the sites indoor pool to keep our exercise regime up to scratch, not that I seem to be losing any weight. 

The Kindle Kay gave me for Christmas has been a godsend to both of us as we have been downloading loads of books. I'm really getting into The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, now onto Book two Clash of Kings. I wish we had Atlantic on the satellite but I baulk at paying Sky’s membership prices so will wait for the DVD of the Game of Thrones to come out. Kay has discovered loads of Kindle books for just a few pence, she thinks I'm being too tight if I moan about it, well she reads at least three books to my one; I buy the thick one’s you see.


We did go out last night to the site’s Night Owl club as they had a Rod Stewart tribute act the singer was Garry Pease, he goes under the name of the Rod Stewart Experience and to be honest he was quite good he sounded like him, looked like him and even had his mannerisms off to a tee.

Garry Pease as Rod Stewart
We didn't stay all night, as being ex musicians we like to see live music and backing tracks generally leave us bored so after a couple of drinks we departed but sadly the smell of food grabbed our noses on the way out past the take away and we ended up dining late at night on chicken and chips, ohh dear diet out the window again will we never learn.

This week there have been several American RV’s parked next to us and it’s been interesting talking to the owners, I was surprised how many are not members of the RV Forums, sites where there is a font of knowledge and it’s surprising how many were unaware of the weight of their RV’s and the limitations this has on their licence entitlement. I tell them of the difficulties we had in getting the weight issue's right. After all their Insurance would be invalid if they are overweight and I’d hate to see someone loose a claim against these insurance parasites as they bleed us enough as it is.

More Anon

No comments: