Friday 17 June 2011

A Highway to hell

As arranged earlier in the week, I nipped down the road to Bridgwater and picked up an old army mate Malcolm (Dinger) Bell and together we drove back to the RV at Home Farm.

Stu & Dinger

We had been planning to do a BBQ but the weather was so awful that we scuppered that idea and thought we’d try the Carvery on the site instead, alas that was closed, so we popped down the road to the Fox & Goose for some lunch and then returned to the RV.
It was nice to reminisce about times gone bye and to try and recall the names of people that we hadn’t heard of for many years and of the foolish things we did as young men. But before we knew it, it was time for Dinger to go back home.

The traffic in and out of Bridgwater was horrendous, mind you we had hit the rush hour and after dropping Dinger off, I decided to take the old road back trying to avoid the M5. No such luck I ran into a three mile road block. A quick about turn and I took the road to the M5, just my luck as I entered the motorway I found that it was also choked with traffic, as an accident had taken place just past the run on from the Bridgwater junction. 

I eventually got back to the site to find it now full of A class and B class American RV’s
The weather had gone from bad to worse as the rain hammered off the roof of the RV, we were glad to be inside in the warm and dry.
I hope the weather improves by the morning as my daughter and grandson are paying us a visit so fingers crossed that the sun will show a welcomed face.


More Anon

No comments: